Education : Bachelor's / College Degree
Scope and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Performs duties of DOLE-BWC accredited Safety Officer as stated in OSH Standard Rule 1040
- Leads monitoring and drives compliance actions to Safety Operations-related Philippine Legal and Other Requirements (LOR) as well as HSE compliance with applicable international standards relative to Project operations
- Provides inputs for monitoring the Project HSE Budget relative to support legal compliance, operational requirements and emergency preparedness and response (EPR) management
- Provide periodic reports as required by the HSE Manager.
- Participate in HSE Training as SME when tapped by the HSE Leadership or TDD
- Building strong relationship with the frontline leadership in operations and other functional divisions and departments aimed to partner and eliminate the roadblocks to project execution and on-time delivery.
- Supports the development of high caliber HSE personnel who will help drive the Company’s HSE culture as core or project staff.
- Actively participates in people management processes deemed necessary for career growth, transition to next level and succession planning such as hiring, training, engagement, etc.
- Drives yard or Project site readiness relative to Project HSE-related requirements
- Communicate Project HSE look-ahead plans as well as potential and identified roadblocks to the HSE Manager to help drive smooth workflows and execution. (Or, alternately, thru the VP for HSE)
- Provides feedback on post-project review and evaluation relative to Project HSE performance & compliance, to include Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR)-related items.
- Maintains good Project HSE-related record keeping of data within his functional scope and reports it accordingly to the Project HSE Manager
- Reports to his Manager the Project HSE performance of his assigned area, to include activities, initiatives and concerns
- Leads the Project HSE Team and operations counterparts to support the company goal of incident and injury free operations
- Assesses, recommends and implements programs/ procedures/ work instructions which aims for an incident and injury free workplace for our employees, divisions, customers, subcontractors and communities where our businesses operate.
- Implement an incident management plan and Emergency Response & Preparedness (EPR) plan. To include, the development of corrective/ preventive action plans through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why etc.)
- Supports all Project HSE Team-related Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs.
- Liase and coordinates with Client's HSE counterparts for compliance and competency updates/ requirements of the Project
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Graduate any four (4) year College course
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other Technical Courses, is an advantage
- DOLE Accredited OSH Practitioner
- Passed DOLE-prescribed Basic Occupational Safety and Health for Construction (COSH) Training
- Knowledgeable in ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Management Systems, is an advantage
- Conversant in Safety Operations/ Management in the Construction Industry or related field
- Proficient in MS Office Applications such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Good written and verbal communications skills (English and Filipino)
- Possess leadership skills
- At least two (2) years of experience in Supervisory level position
- Must have at least six (6) years of working experience in in HSE practice in Construction or Oil and Gas, preferred