Education : High School Diploma
Scope and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Reviews and interprets blueprints and specifications to determine job requirements.
- Determines the amounts and types of insulation needed, and methods of installation, based on factors such as location, surface shape, and equipment use
- Prepares surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading on adhesives, cement, or asphalt, or by attaching metal pins to surfaces.
- Applies, removes, and repairs insulation on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Measures and cuts insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.
- Does regular/periodic checking of issued and received materials from the other shops.
- Does regular housekeeping to ensure cleanliness, orderliness and safety in assigned area.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- High-School or Technical/Vocational Course graduate
- At least two (2) years of experience of insulation works in a construction, oil & gas, power, mining and/or other similar sector.