SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes materials information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Continuously updates himself on industry standards, government regulations and new developments in their fields.
- Undertakes relevant research.
- Provides technical advice about the suitability of materials.
- Understands the properties and behaviours of different substances, from raw materials to finished products.
- Helps to ensure that products comply with national and international legal and quality standards.
- Considers the costs implications of materials used and alternatives, in terms of both time and money taking account of energy usage in transport and construction applications.
- Prepares material ordering information necessary for procurement, reports and other related documents.
- Maybe assigned on other duties by immediate superior within his level of competence.
- BS degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science or Materials Engineering or equivalent years of technical knowledge / experience.
- Knowledge of international standards (ASTM/ASME/ANSI/MSS/NACE).
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- Researching & analytical skills.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in relevant field related to oil, gas & petrochemical industries.