Education : Bachelor's / College Degree
Scope and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Studies the drawings and other pertinent documents for the preparation of Piping / Mechanical fabrication and general arrangement drawings.
- Review/interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and other design documents.
- Prepares plot plan, equipment layout, piping studies, piping specification and design deliverables in accordance with project requirements & established Engineering Detailing Standards Manual.
- Gives inputs to civil, vessel, electrical / instrumentation groups for various purposes.
- Prepares piping layouts, isometrics, support Drawings.
- Performs/check piping stress analysis using Caesar II and Auto pipe.
- Performs piping calculation thru computer assisted Engineering and design software.
- Prepares MTO, bolts and shipping list.
- Prepares drawings for statutory approvals.
- Coordinates with various engineering groups & site.
- Reviews of P&ID’S.
- Assemble bid packages for piping purchase inquiries to be issued for procurement of materials or subcontract pricing, technical evaluation of all piping bids.
- Performs field verifications as needed.
- Perform field walk downs/inspections to review the work for conformance with the design drawings, specifications, applicable codes/standards, and company policies/procedures.
- Maybe assigned on other duties by immediate superior within his level of competence.
- Registered Mechanical Engineer
- Proficient in using Autodesk AutoCAD software or any equivalent engineering software.
- Proficient in interpreting design drawings.
- Must be familiar with current codes and standards
- Familiar with most of the discipline’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledgeable in PDS / PDMS and Spoolgen application.
- Knowledgeable in using Microsoft applications.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as Piping Engineer.