Education : Bachelor's / College Degree
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Reviews project specifications/code requirements, Project Quality Plan, respective procedure, work methodology and ITP, etc.
- Liaises with client counterpart (internal and external) to resolve quality control action items, issues and concerns.
- Implements the Project Quality Plan and Inspection and Test Plan accordingly
- Conducts daily inspection and test as required in the ITP. Checks quality and conformance of customer requirements before turn-over to subsequent activities
- Conduct Material Source Inspection (Depending on client requirement, supplier’s request, high rejection rate of supplied material
- Prepares the required records / documentation of inspected item.
- Reports any nonconforming products and processes; prepares nonconformity report accordingly.
- Checks / monitors subcontractor’s quality performance.
- Attends internal project coordination meetings
- Participates in the disposition of nonconforming items / products. Initiates activities to clear outstanding items in the non-conformity punch list
- Perform field inspection/verification of related electrical & instrumentation equipment, transmitters, control valves, switchboards, MCC panels, cables, junction boxes, lighting, electrical outlet, and telecom equipment as per approved drawings, standards and specification
- Witness Inspection of Instrument Test after installation:
- Megger Test for instrument signal cables
- Pressure Testing of Pneumatic Instrument
- Witness recalibration and function test of all field instruments.
- Witness Inspection of Bolt Tightening (Torqueing Test) of Bus bar & earth bar
- Combined walk down inspection with third party inspector and/or any customer representative.
- Check/verify all Measuring, Monitoring and Test Equipment used on E&I Installation activities are calibrated
- Conduct Surveillance and monitoring
- Punch clearing of outstanding punch list items
- Participates in the disposition of nonconforming items / products. Initiates activities to clear outstanding items in the non-conformity punch list.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Prepares the required records/documentation of inspected item.
- Drives Quality Improvement efforts.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- Preferably licensed Engineer
- Other certifications shall be based on the assigned project’s requirements
- At least seven (7) years of working experience as QC E&I Inspector in construction, mechanical completion, commissioning and start-up phase at various projects in oil and gas, power generation, mining and in industrial facilities.
- Conversant with Electrical Systems (Motor Control Center, Switchgears, distribution boards, PowerTransformers, UPS, generators & VFD) and Experienced with Electrical Testing (Hi-pot,
- Transformer Ratio, and Oil Test, Primary & Secondary Feeder Injection Test, Motor Solo Run, Continuity and Insulation Resistance test, Illumination Test).