Education : Bachelor's / College Degree
The successful candidate will be able to lead all Telecommunication efforts for the design and implementation for all oil and gas, manufacturing and process industry projects. The telecommunication lead engineer will need to provide technical leadership and supervision, guidance and expertise for all project phases, FEED work through detailed design, configuration, implementation, start-up and commissioning. Experience in the telecom systems integration with an operating company, systems vendor or engineering services provider for onshore or offshore oil& gas / energy industry projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Project set-up, administration and execution for Telecom engineering and design.
- Understands the scope of each project and has the capability to create execution strategy to in compliance with allocated budget.
- Interact directly with discipline leads, project managers and addresses document requirements and special needs related to project design within his discipline and outside if it pertains potentially grey over lapping areas.
- Establish procedures/specifications for projects and company standards.
- Coordinate with the designers from the respective engineering disciplines.
- Troubleshoot and escalate appropriately any technical issues and follow-up for quick resolution.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills and ability to effectively function in a team environment.
Good to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in telecom or electronics Engineering
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Familiar with Detail Engineering work flow.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Good Communication & Interpersonal Skills.
- Experience with brownfield projects.
- Strong background in multiple systems platforms, operating systems and the interactions between systems for the Oil & Gas industry
- Experience with telecom systems testing, start-up and commissioning (PAGA, PABX, UHF, VHF, RFID, Satellite and Entertainment systems)