Education : Bachelor's / College Degree
Scope and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Reviews project specifications, identifies project welding requirements and applicable codes and standard requirements, and conduct gap analysis as necessary for bidding and awarded projects.
- Prepares Welding Procedure Qualification test plan (PQT) and schedule based on customer specification requirements.
- Prepares Welding Procedure Specification (WPS), Procedure Qualification Record (PQR), WPS Index, Heat Treatment Instruction Sheet (HTIS) and Weld Repair Procedure intended for the project
- Conducts Welding Procedure Qualification Test (WPQT) as required in the awarded projects and for future projects.
- Prepares the welders, welding tools, equipment, and consumables to be used in PQT.
- Prepares PQT specimen and coordinates at outside mechanical testing laboratories for required tests.
- Reviews and evaluates mechanical test results. Prepares WPS and PQR if the result is acceptable and submits to customer for approval.
- Conducts surveillance inspection at the production as needed
- Provides technical assistance to Estimating re PQT estimates for bidding and project costing.
- Monitors PWHT of welded low alloy and carbon steel pipes, pressure vessels and heavy wall steel structure based on applicable codes and standards and project specification requirements.
- Assists Business Dev. in answering welding related questionnaires and checklist of prospective clients.
- Prepares work procedures and instructions related to welding as required by the project.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Engineering graduate
- Certified Welding Engineer from an acknowledged international organization
- Has undergone training for welding engineering, welding inspection and non-destructive testing.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in the field of welding engineering & technology, including the preparation of welding procedures, conducting procedure qualification tests, evaluation of results based on codes and standards.