Education : Bachelor's / College Degree
Scope and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Reviews project specifications, identifies project welding requirements and applicable codes and standard requirements, Gap Analysis, Checklist and conduct gap analysis as necessary for bidding and awarded projects.
- Prepares Welding Procedure Qualification test (PQT) and Welders Qualification test (WQT) plan and schedule based on customer PQT/WQT Plan and schedule specification requirements.
- Prepares Welding Procedure Specification (WPS), Procedure Qualification Record (PQR), WPS Index, Heat Treatment Instruction Sheet (HTIS) and Weld Repair Procedure intended for the project. Also prepares Qualified Welders List (QWL), Welders Qualification Records (WQR), and welders IDs.
- Conducts Welding Procedure Qualification Test (PQT) and Welders Qualification Test (WQT) as required in the awarded projects and for future projects.
- Prepares the welders, welding tools, equipment, and consumables to be used in PQT/WQT.
- Prepares PQT/WQT specimen and coordinates at outside mechanical testing laboratories for required tests.
- Reviews and evaluates mechanical test results. Prepares WPS and PQR if the result is acceptable and submits to customer for approval.
- Conducts surveillance inspection at the production as needed
- Provides technical assistance to Estimating re PQT/WQT estimates for bidding and project costing.
- Monitors PWHT of welded low alloy and carbon steel pipes, pressure vessels and heavy wall steel structure based on applicable codes and standards and project specification requirements.
- Assists Business Dev. in answering welding related questionnaires and checklist of prospective clients.
- Prepares work procedures and instructions related to welding as required by the project.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Engineering graduate
- Preferably Licensed Engineer
- Certified Welding Engineer from an acknowledged international organization
- Has undergone training for welding engineering, welding inspection and non-destructive testing.
- At least five (5) years of experience in the field of welding engineering & technology, including the preparation of welding procedures, conducting procedure qualification tests, evaluation of results based on codes and standards in an oil & gas/petrochemical industries.